Please also review the Objectives of Training provided by the Royal College for Adult Critical Care and Pediatric Critical Care, as well as the CanMEDS Special Addendum.
We are looking forward to the program in Toronto, and appreciate your involvement and hard work in order to make this a successful event! To assist you with preparation, please review the details below.
If you are an examiner or likely be elected to the panel of Royal College examiners for the upcoming year, kindly let us know as soon as possible as this will preclude your participation due to a perceived conflict of interest.
In order to comply with important accreditation standards set out by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, all presenters must complete or note the following:
- Complete the disclosure slides and upload them within your speaker registration form.
- Complete the COI form and submit it within your speaker registration.
- The provided disclosure slides must be used when preparing your presentation, and declarations must be verbalized at the start of your presentation.
- A minimum of 25% of your presentation must be interactive.
- Generic, rather than trade names, must be used in presentations.
- Branding or sponsor logos are not allowed in presentation slides.
- It is important to write references on slides and incorporate evidence if possible.
- Include discussion of commonly encountered barriers to practice change.
- Speakers must comply with the Rx&D Code of Ethical Practices
- Speakers must comply with the The Canadian Medical Association’s (CMA’s) policy guidelines on physicians’ interactions with industry
If you have already completed your speaker registration and didn't upload your slides or COI form, please email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your session room will be equipped with the following:
- Laptop (PC)
- Podium + mic
- Slide aspect ratio is 16:9 for PowerPoint presentations
Please contact Andrea Smith if you will be using your own computer for your presentation, or if you require video and/or sound.
***AV set-up for the workshops on June 5th differ from what is listed above. If you are a workshop speaker you will be contacted directly with further details.
PowerPoint Presentations - DEADLINE MAY 1, 2019
Please send a copy of your presentation as a pdf, along with any handouts, to email@example.com. All presentations and handouts must be received by May 1, 2019. You are responsible for bringing your final presentation on a USB (PowerPoint format) to your session. There will be a technician in the room where you are scheduled to speak that will assist in loading your presentation. Please be sure to visit the technician during the break prior to your presentation. Do not forget to include the required disclosure slides at the beginning of your session. Declarations must be verbalized at the start of your presentation.
Speaker PowerPoint presentations will be made available to delegates in a password protected area of the CCCR website prior to the conference.
The CCCR does not print handouts for speakers. If you wish to distribute handouts during your session, please print and bring them. A business centre is available at the hotel if required.