Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Committee
To promote excellence in the care provided to critically ill patients through life-long learning initiatives, research and advocacy
The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Committee provides oversight for the Canadian Critical Care Society’s professional activities and products related to continuing professional development and provides guidance and accreditation to partner organizations who provide critical care CPD opportunities. In doing so, the CPD Committee will ensure that the highest standards for CPD activities are achieved.
1. Ensure that all CCCS-endorsed educational activities meet the highest standards for CPD and conform to the National Standard of support for accredited CPD activities.
2. Ensure that educational activities are consistent with the perceived and unperceived needs of the critical care medicine community and CCCS membership, through self-assessment and other educational need evaluations, annually and/or after major events co-sponsored with other partner organizations.
3. In collaboration with the Knowledge Translation Committee, disseminate all CCCS-endorsed guidelines and position statements along with an associated CPD-component.
4. Provide accreditation for national, regional, and local level critical care educational activities organized by CCCS or partner organizations.
5. Disseminate information regarding accredited educational activities to CCCS membership.
6. Collaborate with CCCF Academy in their offering of their annual conference and CPD activities throughout the year.
7. Evaluate CPD strategies and activities with outcome measures with post-evaluation results for each accredited CPD activity and on an annual basis.
8. Adhere to the CMA Guidelines for Physicians in Interactions with Industry (2021) and CCCS conflict of interest and sponsorship policies (draft, not yet approved) in communications with industry for all CPD-related planning and activities.
CCCS CPD Needs Assessment
The Continuing Professional Development Committee of the Canadian Critical Care Society (CCCS) is conducting a needs assessment to determine the educational interests and needs of CCCS members.
Your feedback is important as it will help inform the content, programming, and mode of delivery for Continuing Professional Development activities for CCCS members and critical care physicians in Canada.CLICK HERE FOR THE SURVEY