Successful CCCS Letters of Support
Dr. Eddy Fan & CIHR Project Grant Review Committee - LOTUS-IMV Grant
Dr. Shawn Bagshaw - OXY-ICU Trial
Dr. Jeanna Parsons Leigh & Dr. Thomas Stelfox - Evaluation Grant on Improving Transitions in Care in the Critically Ill
Dr. Thomas Stelfox - Foundation Grant on Improving Transitions in Care in the Critically Ill
Dr. Bram Rochwerg - FISSH: Fluids in Septic Shock: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Dr. Jennifer Tsang - Developing a Canadian Community ICU Research Network (CCIRNet)
Dr. Jennifer Tsang - CIHR Early Career Investigator Award Application
Dr. Karen Burns - Chair Award in Sex and Gender Science Application
Dr. Kwadwo Kyeremanteng - Who is likely to benefit from ICU care? Providing evidence on the balance between intensive and palliative care
Dr. Jeanna Parsons Leigh - Gender Equity in Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Shane English & Dr. Alexis Turgeon - The Optimal Brain Oxygenation in NICU Patients Study (NeurO2 Study)
Dr. Alexis Turgeon & Dr. Ryan Zarychanski - Anticoagulation and Convalescent Plasma ICU Trial
Dr. Lisa Burry & Dr. Hannah Wunsch - Evaluating “new” sedative use following intensive care admission in sedative-naïve elderly patients (SNOW-FALL)
Dr. Dan Diven - Prioritization of Evidence-based Best Practices for Adoption & De-adoption in Adult Critical Care Medicine
Dr. John Marshall - The Canadian Adaptive Platform Trial in Intensive Care (CAPTIC)
Dr. Lauralyn McIntyre - Crystalloid FLUID Choices for Resuscitation of Hospitalized Patients: A Pragmatic Cluster Cross Over Trial
CCCS will consider individual requests to provide letters of support.
All individual requests must meet the following conditions:
- Submitted by a CCCS member who has paid their dues for the current year
- The project is relevant to critical care, and of interest to CCCS members
- The CCCS requests acknowledgment in presentations and publications resulting from the project if funded
- The Lead for the project (or designate) will work with the Directors of the Clinical and Knowledge Translation committees as part of their integrated KT plan. This could be integrated in the grant.
- When the results of the study are published the investigator will arrange for a summary of findings to also be created in French for patients, families and/or Clinicians. These results will be shared on the CCCS website and social media outlets.
- Ideally the request should include a draft of the letter (see below)
Note: All inquiries will undergo a review from the CCCS Executive and Chair of the Scientific Committee and require 14 days minimum to complete the review process.
Please email all individual requests to email@example.com